Hollywood Calls – Movie Creation
Click event images above to enlarge:
At Grand Slam® Events we give you the chance to choose a fun and imaginative team building event where all participants come under the spotlight!
You and your colleagues will be challenged to use your creative skills to recreate a scene from a well known Hollywood movie, making use of the equipment provided and working to a tight deadline.
Effective team work and time management are essential to ensure the movie will be considered a success by our film director and his crew!
As guests arrive, they will be welcomed by the film director who will guide them through the instructions to achieve great results during the activity.
After the briefing, teams will be asked to choose an envelope containing further information on the specific scene they need to recreate. Each team need to ensure that at the end of their scene they provide a link for the next team or have to communicate with the other teams about using the allocated filming locations and props. Once all the scenes are all linked, the final cut of the movie should be ready.
Teams will be allocated different roles such as director, starring role, camera man and film extras. In addition, teams will be given a budget of £100,000 for their production and will have allocated times in the props department to buy/negotiate prices for the items they require. Extra points are given if teams save money!
The grand finale includes the film being viewed by the film director and audience who will be in charge of choosing the winning team.
The following movie options are available:
- Action/adventure: Raiders of the lost ark
- Musical/comedy: Month Python and the holy grail
- War/action: Where eagles dare
- Mild horror/action: Mummy
- Family/musical: The wizard of Oz
- Fantasy: Lord of the rings
- Action: James Bond
- Children: Shrek
- Comedy/action: Austin Powers
3 – 4 ½ hours depending on group size
- Event manager
- Video camera
- A variety of backdrops
- All required props and make up
- Team briefing/guidelines
- LCD projector and screen
- An Oscar style award for the winning team
- A wooden spoon for the team who ‘did their best’
- A DVD with the edited version of the film
What’s not included:
- Food and drinks – however we are happy to design a catering package based on options of your choice
- Venue hire – an indoor location is required for this type of activity. Should you not have a preferred venue, we are happy to suggest a list of recommended venues.
*Note that cards over the phone will incur a charge of 2.75%*
We are more than happy to receive payment by invoice to help you save money.
For pricing and further details, please do not hesitate to speak to Serena on the live chat, or alternatively contact her directly here or call 0208 405 6415.